Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I ... Zombie...


Awoken from my peaceful slumber...(ha ha ha)... by a ringing. Seriously... I have a hard enough time with sleeping in the first place. I almost did one of those Bugs Bunny type "Who, what, where?" things. Not quite, but still. Who the heck would be calling this early? Was it an emergency? What time is it? Is it early? Walked down the hall zombie-ish, ring... ring... ring... Made it to the phone in time to see "Unavailable", and with my zombie eyes the time appeared to be 6:33. At first I thought it was 7:33, which wouldn't be that bad for a telemarketer to call, but ... 6:33? What the? Had picked up the phone a tad too late... Checked to see if there was an incoming message... nope. Walked back down the hall and looked out the kitchen window and the garbage was still there where I'd put it about five and a half hours ago. Turned around and checked the time on the stove.... nope... the call had come in at 6:33, not 7:33... I have to say, an expletive crossed my tongue. (A rarity.) More than once. It isn't that early in the big scheme of things ... but for a random call? At 6:33AM? Now I'm wondering other than a telemarketer who could it have been?

Well... it has been almost an hour now and no other calls, so I guess it wasn't an emergency. I can now return to my regularly scheduled ... nothing. Hopefully that will be my excitement for the day. I had enough of that yesterday.

No comments: