Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The End again?


The world was supposed to have ended as we turned to the year 2000, but also last May 21st, and probably countless other times in the past couple centuries, but also this coming December... Anyways, in regards to the end of the world as we know it, I posted a funny bit here, a serious bit here, something else here, and I noticed in the last little while that there were a slew of big action blockbustery type movies being churned out just under the wire. I had started a post on them all, but never got around to putting it together. I went to see what else was coming out and found one that ended up being the nudge for writing this tonight. Rather curious if they threw around any other titles before coming up with "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World". It stars Steve Carell, who I think is perfectly suited for this role, and Keira Knightley as his neighbour who ends up as his travel companion.

Kinda makes me wonder if there are a lot of people trying to cash in on the December 2012 thing, or more people with their bucket lists trying to check off those "things to do before I die". I don't think I've ever thought about such a list for myself. It just would be nice to be able to figure out this life thing first.

2 comments:

DaveO said...

One of the synoptic gospels (Matthew, I believe) discusses how even Xt did not know the date of the end of the world. So, if Xt, at least at the time He spoke of the end of the world, did not know, how can any human or other created being know?

Spockgirl said...

Of course no one knows, not even God knows.

If you think about it though, the end of the world as you know it is when you die. But, still an unknown.