Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, March 17, 2012

Somewhere in Time...


Once again, looking through a stack of "getting rid of" CDs, there are a few that I figured I should re-listen to, just to see why it was I had them in the first place. One of these was Iron Maiden's "Somewhere in Time". I was thinking ... hmm... appropriate title for where I am right now. It is one of those ones that I have no recollection of... at all. I popped it in and did the usual listen through. Came to a song called "Stranger in a Strange Land", which for some reason reminded me of someone, and also brought to mind the U2 song of the same name. This then sent me agoogling for the lyrics. What I found then was another song by a band called "Thirty Seconds to Mars".. I am quite sure I had heard "of" them, but not that I'd heard any of their songs, so I took a listen and was, not blown away, but sort of transported... back to... somewhere in time... It was eerily reminiscent of the music I used to listen to in the 80s... before the metal came to grow on me.

No comments: