Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A writer, a vampire and a princess...


I had seen the trailer for The Raven a while back, which isn't quite my kind of movie, but looks as though it deserves a mention with John Cusack playing Edgar Allan Poe brought in to assist in the investigation of murders mimicking those in his stories. I had also heard of a movie remake of the original t.v. show Dark Shadows, but hadn't seen a trailer of the Tim Burton/ Johnny Depp collaboration until yesterday. I must say that it looked more like a campy Addams Family, but still, pretty promising. However on a bigger and better note, there was an upcoming movie that actually got my heart pumping, which is a rare thing indeed these days:


I was going to say that I'm not quite sure why, but of course, it has to be because of the Huntsman character, played by Thor himself, Chris Hemsworth. The added bonus is that this one doesn't have a pale-skinned, feeble, clueless teenaged heroine with a high pitched voice. Oh, I forgot, annoying.

 

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I read "The Raven", which the movie is based on. It was kind of interesting with the character of Poe being an investigator (played by Cussack).
The Snow White movie does look pretty awesome, and Chris Hemsworth is in it too.