Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I found it!


I thought I had written something about it here before, but I can't seem to find anything relating to it. One year many years ago, when I still used to buy cooking/baking magazines, I found a recipe in Chocolatier, for a delicious and almost (almost) decadent chocolate cake. I remember that mom made that cake for my birthday, but I wasn't sure if it was that same year or not. Anyways, I think she made it to accompany my birthday dinner... one of my favourite meals... Chicken Cordon Bleu. Oh, so damn good that was, I can almost taste it, more than twelve years later. Well, a while ago I had started sorting through things and moving stuff around and had stacked a bunch of the Chocolatier magazines together. I looked through a few of them and then just left them neatly stacked somewhere in the room. The other day I was grabbing some reading material for to occupy some time whilst at McDonalds, and happened to pick up one of those magazines. As I was sitting there, I started to flip through the pages and near the very end.... there it was. The pages rather worn and a little torn, with mom's "X" beside the recipe.

So today, I was scanning it in to save the recipe and I looked at the date on the cover. It was from March, 1998. Hard to believe... fourteen years. I had almost forgotten the sappy lovely (couldn't think of any other word) little story that accompanied the Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Buttercream and Dark Chocolate Ganache. Drooling just thinking about it.



No comments: