Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Turn the Page...


Hmm.... Maybe feeling a little sad about a heartbreaking loss (for my team), or just a tad nostalgic, this song drifted into my thoughts tonight. Yeah it is kinda sappy...  an almost timeless ballad... from 1988.

Ah... and then, speaking of nostalgia, this cover tune by Metallica from 1998 came wandering into my brain. When I first heard it way back then, I know I loved the sound and feel, but oddly enough, I didn't even know it was a cover until many years later.  Funny that I heard it when I was going through a fairly significant change in my life and the title itself "Turn the Page" seemed appropriate then, as it seems to be once again.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

Well, I certainly didn't believe the Bruins could pull it off.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Hmm.. I am realistic enough, and know just enough about Canuck history to believe they (the Bruins) could.

DaveO said...

No, SG. No - it's time... to turn the page.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Damn pages keep getting stuck together.