Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, June 28, 2011

T-bird


I was visiting a friend's shop and happened to notice the front end of a cool looking car sticking out from behind a mini-van up the sidewalk. It looked like something from the 50s or 60s, so of course I had to go check it out.  Needless to say it was a beaut.


I had almost forgotten that I had taken these photos. The funny thing is that I was struggling with my inner nothings again and I just didn't have anything much to write about. The quiet in addition to the numb-brain issue wasn't helping in that department, so when I finally remembered these pics, I chuckled to myself, because the other day I had posted this. Could be a recurring theme, or it could just be a coincidence that it came up again, in a different form.

6 comments:

DaveO said...

Sweet car! All's one needs now is bobbysoxer, a chocolate malted, and The Big Bopper on the radio

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Very cool car. I posted a few pics from a vintage car show last year on Canada Day. There is supposed to be one this year again, so hopefully it will be sunny and I'll see if I can get to it.

DaveO said...

There's supposed to be another Canada Day?

Isn't once enough?

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Hey... you can celebrate your bloody revolution and we can celebrate ours... Oh wait... ours wasn't quite a revolution was it.

DaveO said...

No, it wasn't a revolution. We gave you back the Brits both times.

Come to think of it, Canada is the only country America's invaded, and left. Of course, you didn't have Tim Hortons then either.

Happy Canada Day Spockgirl :)

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
"No, it wasn't a revolution."
Um... I might be way off base here, but result of "American Revolution" = You celebrate Independence Day on July 4 n'est ce pas?