Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, June 9, 2011

To old friends...


Being in a rather pensive and contemplative mood as I have often found myself in the past year, I had a few rather sad but beautiful songs float into my mind tonight. The first one was an old Beatles tune that I remember from here, and then from there, I drifted to this. 


Funny, the Divine Miss M... a name well suited to the old grade school friend that she reminds me of... who died just after turning 19. She was the most bubbly, effervescent, happy chick of the group of us that had known each other since probably Kindergarten or Grade 1, and all hung out together through the end of high school. I remember she worked at the bus depot and I was working at the office job where I ended up for over twenty years. I have often wondered where she would be now had she lived.

No comments: