Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lean too...


This is another photo I took on my walk last Sunday. It is rather funny that the wind wasn't blowing that much, although you might think it was, judging from how these trees seem to be leaning or bending. We tend to get high winds here fairly often so you will find that a lot of the trees, even evergreens, seem to have this look about them.


I had forgotten about this photo I took the day after a heavy snowfall back in February. The odd thing is that these trees are only one block over from the first photo, but the "lean" is in the opposite direction.

"...how immeasurable a thing it is to have someone in your life to lean on."

I wrote that at the end of May, but had been thinking about it for some time before that. It is things like this which I never would have thought about four or five years ago, let alone written about. I think that for most of my life, after a certain age, I felt almost invincible in my independence, and ... once broken, had to surrender or relinquish that and allow myself to lean on someone for support. It is a difficult thing to admit that you are not as strong as you thought you were, but I think for me it was harder to trust someone enough to lean on them.  

4 comments:

Dave said...

Usually, 60 feet about ground level is a new meteorological zone. The tops of trees can bend, and at ground level all is still.

Usually happens when Ben & Jerry come out with a new ice cream flavor.

Spockgirl said...

Dave:
Your comment in its entirety explains a lot, whilst at the same time makes me wonder.

Big Sister said...

It seems distance between location of computer to location of telephone = "new meteorological zone"....skip the Ben & Jerry's (unless it's Chunky Monkey or Cherry Garcia)....Did you get the Dad's Oatmeal Cookies (a.k.a. Mom's Dunkies) that were supposed to be delivered to you?

Spockgirl said...

Big Sis:
Um... yeah... speaking of meteorological zones... or just zones.. ie, were you in one? No phone call from you yesterday whilst I was home and nothing on call display. Aged father did try to deliver the cookies once and called to let me know. Also... no email from you in this regard either.