Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Not what it was supposed to be...


Two years ago I think it was, I bought a white Lupins, for what was supposed to be the white garden. I was aware that they spread through seed, which you figure would be a nice thing, to not have to buy more white plants the next year. Last year, what did I end up with? More red than white. I have this thing that I didn't want red, dark pink or yellow flowers in my garden... This year? More red, now pink and a new one... dark purple which I like just fine. So... I went rooting around the roots of the red Lupins to see if I could pull one of them out, but did not realize how "rooted" it was. Needless to say, I accidentally tore off parts of the root system. So... I put a couple salvageable bits in pots to see if they would agree to take root in soil, and I cut a few to revive in water. I normally would NOT bring red or hot pink flowers into the house, but ...



I kept them on the parlour table in the laundry room, but it got a little too hot in there for them with two days of warm, sunny weather. As they were starting to get droopy and wilt, I brought them into the kitchen the other day and snapped these funky pics.

No comments: