Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Please pardon my profanity


Someone asked me today, "How would you describe your blog?". I replied that it's a mish-mosh. She said it's kind of deep isn't it? My reply: "It depends on how shallow you are." We both laughed.

There is no theme to my blog. There is no set structure or flow. There is no plan. It cannot be placed in a category. As my blog is, so is my life at this juncture. I had not intended to write anything specifically pertaining to me or my life, but that has changed as time has progressed. I have come to the point where I ask myself "who the hell gives a shit?". I don't mean in regards to me, I mean as to what I choose to write about, or how personal it is, especially as I continue on this strange journey into the uncharted territory that is the latter part of my existence.

8 comments:

KrippledWarrior said...

Go ahead a cuss like a drunk sailor. Or don't. That's your prerogative. But it rings disingenuous when you apologize after having done so.

Spockgirl said...

KW:
Yeah, the "please pardon" is more for the five people who "know" me. When one hardly says a peep (about anything let alone swearing) for decades and then starts to write a blog,and then swears in said blog, it merits saying. Like I said, this is "uncharted territory".

Unknown said...

Geez after the email I sent you.. this hardly qualifies as swearing. Oh... and there was a study by an East Coast school (the name escapes me) that shows swearing is actually good for you. It release endorphins in your brain that trigger aggression and therefore you feel less pain when you swear. It's a natural pain reliever. Oh did I fail to mention it's heathy only when you're in physical pain?

Spockgirl said...

KD:
Too funny! I could totally see swearing being a good thing, as in venting, and yes, there are degrees to the words themselves. As for me swearing: At work I once slammed my finger in one of those OLD (probably from the 1950s) metal file cabinet drawers, and the drawer was temporarily jammed because of my finger being stuck in it. Did I cry out in pain? Swear? What did I say? "Ow... my finger is stuck." Opened the drawer and went about my business.

Up to this point, I would have to be extremely tired, or pissed off to swear.

T1G said...

I never swore before I went into the service. Never even did during boot camp or school. But once I got out into the fleet, in became a hilarious way to relieve stress... and I've been stuck with it ever since.

Oops.

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
Funny that swearing when you're a kid is bad manners (and you must have known it to be so), but once you become an adult, it's just a bad habit. Kind of like belching.

T1G said...

Wha??? Belching is bad manners? ;)

Spockgirl said...

T1G:
Figured you'd say something like that.