Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, November 19, 2010

...something so wrong...

There is just something so wrong about snow falling when there are still trees covered with brightly coloured leaves.

As I was walking to the post office earlier in the week I had looked at the yard and realized that I should have been out raking the leaves by now. There were, needless to say, a lot already on the ground, but I wanted to wait til the sun came out to take a picture of the massive collection... before I raked them up. Silly me, the sun was here last week, the heavy winds and rain were here the beginning of this week, and yes, this morning.... what else could there be... but... snow. Damn, that means I can't rake the leaves now.

And, further to a comment from z-man on a prior post, get a load of this:
Yeah, I know, I know, I kind of went raunchy on the comments. Just couldn't help it. But hey... it got me laughing! And as for icicles, my hands are freezing. I wonder why... apparently it is -2 already, and supposed to drop to -5.  These temps at this point in time do not bode well. At this rate, it's going to be a long, long winter.

2 comments:

Inner Prop said...

-2 and -5 C right, please tell me it won't be -2 or -5 F (-19 and -21C)!

Funny, the word verification is pomme.

Spockgirl said...

IP:
Celsius of course. It doesn't usually get THAT cold here, unless you take into consideration windchill.

What's funny about pomme? Apple in french.