Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, November 25, 2010

Head above water....


Being able to laugh at things in life will help keep your head above water, but eventually you must make your way back to shore. The thing is... I've been treading water, when I know I should be swimming back to land.

As I wrote those words just now, it actually brought back a memory from my childhood, which is quite amazing, considering I don't remember much of anything from back then. Obviously the memories must still be there locked away somewhere, but, for whatever reason, I just don't have access to most of them. I do vaguely recall having swimming lessons at the outdoor pool when I was a kid, and I just remembered my mom telling me that I used to start giggling when I was swimming lengths, and as I was giggling, I would start sinking... in the middle of the pool. So, yes, there was a time when I did giggle...

So...what does that have to do with now? I had been in a rather... shall we say, dark place for part of this year, and finding things to laugh about has been very... beneficial. Lately, I have been coming across some rather silly things, and I just went with the flow. Sharing these on the blog has been almost liberating in a sense, as has writing more spontaneously. Granted I'm not quite used to all this sharing and expressing, but I am getting a little more comfortable with the fact that it is acceptable for me to do so.  It still seems weird to talk about myself, especially to no one in particular.

No comments: