Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Funny thing about Star Wars...


I had recently sent my big bro this little gem which I found whilst bloghopping. The video is a few years old, but I just started blogging this year, so I am only now stumbling across these things. The bro and I don't really talk that often, and I don't believe we have ever discussed Star Wars to any great extent. But this cracked me up, so I sent him the link to it:  (Warning: language)



The funny thing is, a few days later, he sent me these photos:

It is LEGO, and he had hand painted the whole set, repackaged it and sent it to his son for his birthday. Now how cool is that?

4 comments:

Inner Prop said...

I'm guessing the Legos are painted like Canadian soldiers.

Funny story. I was in Ukraine for some military training and there were 20 countries participating.

We went to a meeting and some heavy set soldier stood up and started speaking English. I thought to myself, "I wonder why his uniform looks so strange?" He was facing away from me. When he turned around I realized that he wasn't a US soldier, but Canadian (I have no idea what rank he was, double crown star diamond something).

The really funny thing was he had a Warrant Officer with him from Nova Scotia and I swear I understood the Ukranian Russian better than his English. He had a really cool mustache though.

Spockgirl said...

IP:
I'm not quite sure what the Cdn fatigues look like, so I don't know if bro followed the pattern.

Yeah, I've seen pictures of some chunky monkey Cdn soldiers. (And we have chubby policemen too.)

And yeah, I tink dey talk funny out dere in NS and other places out east.

By the way, did you finish your novel already?

Inner Prop said...

"By the way, did you finish your novel already?" Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 50k words in 30 days, I have 18k down and I'm ahead of the schedule. I've never made it ahead of time, finishing the two times I actually mad it, at 23:00 on 30 Nov.

I didn't mean to say Canadian soldiers are heavyset, this one just happened to be about 6'5" and heavy.

I describe the NS accent as a Maine accent but even further east and north, so more Maine accent than Maine.

Spockgirl said...

IP:
I figured that would be your response about the novel, but I had to ask because you had time to post some comments here. Good luck with the rest.

Heck, and I didn't mean to say that Cdn soldiers were heavyset either, just that I have seen PICTURES of some. And, well... I saw a couple chubby guys in uniform at the Remembrance Day service today.