Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, June 8, 2012

That got me to thinking...


Strange... Waking up immediately from a dream this morning, that seemed more real to life than most, got me to thinking that what I remember from one of the two weeks on my last vacation which I wrote about last night, is perhaps one of the only, if not the only, almost complete memories that I have... from my entire life. Odd and interesting. I only took two vacations in twenty-two years, so how is it that I hardly remember anything about the one week in 1992, but that I remember more clearly the first week of my holiday in 1994, but not the second? Hmm... And, how is it that I remember seemingly so much of that one week? Simply because it was fun?

I still think this has something to do with how I was using my brain and what I was using it for for more than half my life-time. The primary focus was the job, and therefore the memory was applied in order to facilitate the proper completion of tasks related to said primary focus. I remembered anything to do with numbers... files, birthdates, accounts, addresses, postal codes, phone numbers, faxes, etc. How is it then that I remember that particular one week span? Perhaps because I was both physically and mentally removed from the context of the me who I was at work. How does this explain the lack of memories from childhood on? Necessity is the word. I believe I touched on that before and continued here.

I seem to have regained a little clarity today. A little. It is almost as though I have been in a fog or cloudy haze for a while now. Off to face the day.

No comments: