Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, June 4, 2012

Hidden beauty...

Lavender Crystal Miniature Rose

Unsettled weather the past few days... nothing new. It cleared up by yesterday afternoon so that I could get in about three hours of weeding the garden again. Filled yet another large bag with buttercups, but still haven't finished all the garden beds. In the midst of overgrown weeds and groundcover, there was this flowerhead drooping over, weighing down the fragile stem. At first glance from a few feet away I couldn't tell what it was... Turns out it is the lone bloom on a miniature rosebush that I'd planted a couple years ago, and which is now obliterated from view by the much faster growing weeds. It measures probably less than 2 and a half inches in diameter, but stands out against all that green. It is a beautiful and unusual colour that I would like to have more of, but which doesn't seem to thrive nor survive in my garden. (The colours I don't want tend to do much better.)

On the other side of the sidewalk there's an azalea I put in a few years back, the colour leaning more towards a pale purple than pink, which is what I was going for here. At the bottom left, you can see the tiny Forget-me-nots peeking out.


No comments: