Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hot summer night...


No, not here. No summer to speak of here. Just a song that came back into my periphery tomight. In my adventures of sorting and cleaning up the house (progress has been made), I've come across a few journals and notebooks that I set aside to read through. Anyways... I mentioned this song in one of them. It is Sweet Sorrow, by Joshua Redman, and it always reminded me of a hot summer night. I remember I saw him play live once, but don't recall anything about the concert itself. It may well have been the last one I went to.



I don't know what it is... there's just something about it. The sax sings... but it also speaks. (Even my cat loved this song.)

(Update: Oh... I am giving this particular notebook a four star "holy crap" rating. There are several "poems" in it, that I find absolutely ... uncharacteristic. It is from 1996/1997, and the funny thing is that on the very last page, I wrote a note that I read it over on May 22, 2008. It says... "Holy crap was I ever full of crap.")

No comments: