Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This is ... nice...


considering this...

Oh and speaking of nice... It had been four weeks or so since I'd been grocery shopping and one of the items I picked up was the usual large package of baby spinach. In order to make it last much longer than it normally would, I put a piece of paper towel folded in half on top of the spinach and turn the package upside-down to absorb the excess moisture. So... today... I went to get the package out of the fridge and quickly in slow motion, the spinach came tumbling out as the improperly secured lid flipped open. Spinach all over the floor. No emotion... no swearing... not even an audible sigh. I just thought to myself "sigh". I carefully picked up the top layer to save what I could and was resigned to let the rest go into the compost. Perhaps the reason that I wasn't upset is because I was focused on what the spinach was being used for today... I had just fried up a sirloin beef patty with cheddar for a burger.

No comments: