Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, June 10, 2012

Conversations kill...




In a conversation earlier, the matter of me being divebombed by a crow the other day came up, which then brought up Brandon Lee, his movie "The Crow", and the movie soundtrack. I went into the soundtrack drawer and pulled out that one and a couple others to listen to tonight. I knew it had some great songs on it, but hadn't listened to it for a few years. Funny that there's another Cure song to start it off (I've mentioned them in a couple recent posts). Actually all the songs are pretty cool, but listening to Big Empty, I realized that I went through a Stone Temple Pilots phase at some point... I don't remember when it was or the songs specifically, but I recall that I used to greatly enjoy singing along to them for some reason. (I may have to revisit them soon.)

Anyways... I remember that Brandon died from an accidental gunshot during filming of the movie, and I remembered that this song was one of those that hit me...



I also found this:


He was only 28 when he died.

(I sort of get the feeling that I have been getting a cosmic smack or three on the side of the head.)

No comments: