Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dark Beauty






Walking home last night from my regularly scheduled sporting activity, just after 8:30pm, I noticed the dark, deep, vibrant colour of these peonies. Gorgeous. (I don't have colour like this in my yard.) Oftentimes the cell phone camera doesn't pick up the proper tones or hue, but I guess because it was a cloudy evening, the colour rang more true. I am quite sure that these weren't blooming yet when I walked by there on Monday, and I did notice there are more yet to come.

It has been an unseasonably cold June thusfar, and compared to May, it is downright winterlike... The furnace even agrees. A couple days ago there was even fresh snow on one of the mountain peaks. Warm dry weather for a few days would be nice, as the lawn definitely needs to be cut AGAIN and much more weeding needs to be done. At least the roses in the garden have started to bloom and the peonies should be out soon. Summer can't seem to get here soon enough.

No comments: