Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, June 2, 2012

Funked up...


I have been in a funked up funk today. It may even be the mother of all funks... not quite, but you may get the picture. I don't even feel like eating ice cream... What is up with that? I went for a walk downtown, visited a friend's shop and I just felt... heavy... there... and back. The sun had just come out even though it wasn't expected to and it had warmed up considerably, but even that didn't seem to have any brightening, warming effect on my soul. I stopped at the corner store on the way home and picked up a Reese Ice Cream bar and a new flavour of Doritos that I noticed in the rack... Jacked Smoky Chipotle BBQ. (In French, they translated it on the package to: Colosssal BBQ Chipotle Fume, which I just found funny for some reason.) Got home, put the ice cream bar in the freezer and the bag of chips on the table. And... there they wait. Sigh.

2 comments:

Peter said...

Careful, there. Sounds as if you're slipping into a depression. I have some small experience with this and if it keeps up, please, please get some help. Depression will lie to you and tell you things that will really hurt you, both personally and in your work and your relationships.

Spockgirl said...

Ah... not so much slipping, as perhaps sliding around in it on occasion. As for help... I know what I have to do... I just haven't found the why and the how yet. All else I can say is that what takes me there is staring the cold hard truth in the eyes.

Thank you for taking the time to say something... much appreciated.