Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 4, 2011

Connections...


Music.. once again brought more memory snippets back that had been pushed into the nether reaches of my mind that was the... 80s... Now I'm starting to think that the decade couldn't have been as bad as I thought it was, as some of the songs seem to have held up quite well... some of them....  For whatever reason, over the last little while, songs from the past keep drifting back, including a few Canadian bands ... one of which was another group from Vancouver, the Payolas. The song... "Eyes of a Stranger"... I had forgotten how much I liked it...  And... I recall it having been featured in one of my favourite movies from back then...a Nicolas Cage film called "Valley Girl"....  Uh... yeah.... what can I say... I was a teenager. Oddly enough, as much as I liked Nic, I think I liked his quirky sidekick more.

On an interesting side note, someone in that little band ended up having a major connection to one of my all-time favourites bands...  Metallica



No comments: