Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rapture...

... or darn near close to it.

I had spoken to big sis earlier and had asked her, if she was going out, could she pick up a burger for me. She asked me "what kind?" and I said "doesn't matter... anything beef... meat... beef...". Couple hours later there was a familiar banging on the back door... I went and knocked on the door back... this went on a few times before I opened the door.... My nephew was there holding a squarish shaped foil wrapped item in his hand... I said "ooh... where did you go?" ... He said "guess"... I said "so and so's?" ... He said "no... we went to so and so's...." Me... "ooh!".... He left with a big smile on his face. I was so excited that I closed the door before I said "Thank You" really loud so he could hear me.  Once inside, I carefully unwrapped the package... It wasn't warm... so I knew it was a sandwich... Ooh... rapture... Roast Beef... The place they went to uses real home-cooked Roast Beef in their sandwiches.  Just like mom used to make.


I was almost to the point of fullness after eating half of it... but ... then I looked at this:


... something took over me and next thing I knew... it was gone.

I miss it already.

6 comments:

thormoo said...

Thanks SG, even though I ate dinner just over an hour ago I am now hungry again...for a Roast Beef sandwich!

Spockgirl said...

T:
It had been a long time... and it was so fresh and so good... Even the photos turned out pretty damn good.

Big Sister said...

Prime Rib Beef Dip next?...

Spockgirl said...

Big Sis:
Um... that's a bit beyond the paygrade... but yes... would be yummy.

Frankly Opinionated said...

Spockgirl, you are just tooooo cool. For sure, 100% Real Deal.
Aside- What is a "smollan"? Tonight it is the "word verification".

Spockgirl said...

Frankly thanks for the most excellent comment!