Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, October 20, 2011

Random chuckles...


I was remiss in not responding to old friend's email in a timely manner, and as my non-existent life is a long-standing joke, this was the reply I received:

"Helloooo.....

I thought for a minute that you did have lots going on and maybe that's why you haven't emailed....Got all excited there for a minute....."

I chuckled to myself.

***

Was at a restaurant the other day, and sitting at the table across from us were a guy and two gals, probably in their twenties. The gal sitting on her own opposite the other two, and facing my direction,  made imquiry of the waitress as to the Veggie Burger. She wanted to know if it tasted like meat. She wanted the Veggie Burger that tasted like meat. I... I...  (Meat is good...  meat is good...)

almost burst out laughing. Or ... maybe I just stifled a guffaw.

4 comments:

DaveO said...

Picking on youngins: heh!

Heard tale a couple days ago that youngins are redefining 'vegetarian' to mean 'only eats meat on occasion.'

Spockgirl said...

Ah... as in "I am a vegetarian... most of the time." "I am a vegetarian... when I want to be."

As for the younguns, all I can say is I sort of wish I could have NOT overheard their conversation. My inner voice was screaming "Are you retarded?"

DaveO said...

Inner voices aren't always bad. Mine keep me company.

And the youngin may very well be developmentally delayed. Perfect for the Paras!

Spockgirl said...

I'm just glad they don't escape.

As for younguns...
Brain.
Filter.
Brain-mouth Filter.
Use them.