Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's got zing...

...zip or zest... a slight sweet tanginess. What am I talking about? Miracle Whip. I had one participant in my Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip post the other day. Yippee! I guess no one else was up for it, or maybe no one is bothering to read. Whatever.  Why Miracle Whip? It has character.  It isn't one dimensional. For sandwiches, Miracle Whip works better than Mayonnaise with Tuna, with Tomato, with Bacon and Tomato, with Salmon, with Roast Beef,  with Corned Beef, with Pastrami. It even adds more flavour to Macaroni Salad. Getting hungry now I am. One more thing... my mom used to make a delicious Shrimp Dip. There was no set recipe, but I learned how to make it by watching her every year when she was getting stuff ready for the New Years Day open house. There is no way in heck that that dip would work without the wee bit of zip provided by Miracle Whip. (Heh... read that sentence over just for fun.) Technically, it wouldnt work if you omitted any one of the ingredients. Back then I didnt even like shrimp, but I liked that dip, and I still make it, like mom used to.

My answers:

1. Miracle Whip.

2. Tabasco Sauce... because its got some heat at least.

3. Chili... withOUT beans... because without beans means
     it has BEEF in it.

4. Handshake.

5. Spinach... because it has more substance.

6. Lemons. This was a tough one, regardless of my
    thoughts on Lime Crush, Lime Slurpies and Key Lime Pie.

7. Snow... because you can work AND play with it.

8. Beef... despite my drooling desire for chicken.

9. Bacon... oh... bacon.

10. Couldn't decide. Hadn't listened to either in ages.
       My first instinct was the Stones.

No comments: