Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?


A post about homemade mayonnaise over at Bad Example prompted me to pose the question, Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?  I know my answer and I wish to expound on that, but I must ponder my reasons carefully. For now however, some more of this or that, that came to mind.

1. Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip?
2. Tabasco Sauce or Ketchup?
3. Chili... with beans or without?
4. Hug or handshake?
5. Lettuce or spinach?
6. Lemons or limes?
7. Snow or rain?
8. Chicken or beef?
9. Bacon or sausages?
10. The Stones or the Beatles?

As with most things, not quite as good as the first time, but a few tough choices nonetheless.

6 comments:

DaveO said...

1. Mayonnaise

2. BBQ sauce

3. Chili: true chili is made without beans. With beans leads to anthropogenic global warming, at least under a douvet.

4. Hug

5. Spinach

6. Limes

7. Rain

8. Beef. It's what's for supper.

9. BAAAACONNNNNNNN

10. Beatles. Followed by Seether.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Thanks for doing this. I'm going to share my answers in a couple days, but I wanted to address the chili question separately. This does not effect my final answer, but I have to say that a vegetarian chili without beans wouldn't be chili, it would be overcooked salsa. And in regards to your undercover comment, beans only do that if one consumes too much, and/or the body is unable to properly digest their nutritional complexity.

DaveO said...

SG,

I agree completely about vegetarian chili being no more than salsa; and in principle on the digestive anomalies associated with legumes.

I would like to invent a fart-gun, and use it on recalcitrant Redwings fans.

Spockgirl said...

D:
No... I said vegetarian chili withOUT beans would be like salsa. I make a damn fine vegetarian chili. It is cheaper to throw together.

Hmm... a fart gun... are you like... ten years old?

DaveO said...

Only in my soul.

I gotta hall pass though.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Perhaps you meant in spirit? Hmm... a hall pass at your age, is that like a Get Out of Jail Free card? (But only if you take your fart gun with you?)

My soul is as ancient as the Sun.