Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, October 8, 2011

Beautiful...



I never really thought of anything Japanese as beautiful ... ever.  Except maybe my sister, but then she's more cute than beautiful.

Well, the other day, this changed my mind:

Go figure that it was over at the blog of some hairy caveman named Og.

One of the translations I found and a little backstory can be read here. The odd thing is the timing of finding out about the song, and how the words reflect where I ended up in life. The funny thing is how much it reminds me of a poem I learned in school 30 years ago and never forgot. The few translations that I have come across thusfar just don't do it justice.

No comments: