Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, April 21, 2012

What bringeth tomorrow...


I've been sitting here thinking. Just thinking. Everything and nothing. Feeling whatever it is that I am feeling. I can't quite place it. Something heading towards despair or futility. I don't know. Not necessarily despondent, but more discouraged and disheartened I suppose. I know I never pursued anything in my life, but is that because I never found anything I felt worth pursuing or because I didn't want anything enough to pursue it? Although, upon further reflection, that's not entirely true. I didn't pursue anything in my life, other than the house I live in now, before I turned forty. But... even so, in both cases, it was because I had to make a change and needed a change... wanted a change. But then, the object of my pursuit ended up being a complete and utter failure. There's a line from a favourite movie I have, "You dared to march into the unknown armed with... nothing.", which, at the time, I thought was perfectly suited to where I was. I realize though that I was armed with nothing but myself, and that wasn't enough, and may well never be.

As I sat here typing this, with cold hands and heavy heart, tears started rolling down my face. Funny that I never really used to wonder what tomorrow will bring, but now I have to wonder what I will bring to tomorrow.

No comments: