Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sleepyhead


Hadn't heard that word in a longtime, but it came to me in a completely new light just now. It makes perfect sense. Not just sleepyhead, but ... sleepy head. To say that my sleep was troubled would be an understatement. To call it sleep is even questionable. I want to sleep, I need to sleep... obviously. But... what if the body doesn't agree? I went to bed early. Lights off just before 1:30AM. "Woke up" (was I even sleeping?) at 3. Eyes tired, head tired, but the body had a different story. Not quite "ants in the pants" energy, but something akin to it. Didn't really feel like getting up and doing jumping jacks or running around the block or anything like that... The body just didn't want to do what the head wanted it to do. Almost as though the body wanted to be somewhere else... that it was somehow out of sync.

"Woke up" again at 5 on the button from a strange dream. Lights were on and laptop sitting on the pillow beside me. At least it was closed. For a moment upon waking, I had forgotten that I had even moved the laptop there and turned it on.

Sleepyhead Sleepy head... that's me.

As I am typing, I am trying to remember that dream and what about it was so strange. In trying to piece together certain elements of it, I can recall more of them, but can't quite put them together. Almost like my memories of life. Now that I think about it, the dream seemed to be a collage of many dreams I've had in the past, that like my memory, comes back in pieces. Hmm... I think I just went around in a circle writing that. Ah... I give up.

No comments: