Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ah... popcorn...


A week ago Friday, was down the valley and stopped in at a mall that I used to frequent when out that way, many years ago, but hadn't been to in a long time. I went in, not looking to buy clothes, or shoes, or music, or chocolate, but to find the little store that sold... popcorn. It wasn't there! We looked at the mall map and found it listed, but couldn't find the number on the map. Whilst my travelling companion was trying on shoes, I went on a journey downstairs. The mall is undergoing renovations, and much has changed since last I was there, but, made my way to the food fair to grab a hot dog and an Orange Julius, and enquired of the girl at the counter about the popcorn shop. Yes... it was there, just down a ways and around the corner to the left. With lunch in hand, I walked over there and took a look at the flavours in the display, but didn't see my old favourite, Chicago Style, which was a mix of Cheddar flavoured and Creamy Caramel tossed together. I asked about it, and the woman said she could still make it, but I decided to try something different. I asked if she could mix Jalapeno Jack and Creamy Caramel. She filled the large bag up til it was almost popping open after she sealed it. Once back in the car, I opened the bag and almost couldn't stop munching away on it. When we stopped on the way home and nephew and I were waiting in the car, I had told him about the original mixture, but he didn't think it sounded very appetizing. I explained that the point of the mixture was to experience both sweet and salty in one mouthful. He still didn't quite believe me. He tried the Jalapeno Jack and Creamy Caramel... and... understood.

Of course, that was a week ago Friday, so the popcorn has long since vanished, but it is still on my mind, so I couldn't let the experience pass without mention.

No comments: