Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Little Evil Mini-me: Happy New Year...



Seriously... that was in my fortune cookie today after going out for Chinese earlier this evening. I find this completely comical considering that, as I have said before... I can see no future... There is no road before me. I still have no freaking clue what I am going to do.

Want a New Year's resolution? This sounds suitable to me:


Happy New Year!


6 comments:

thormoo said...

I think you need to go with the flow and just trust "The COOKIE" SG. Sounds like a good time for making some major changes, haha!

In all serious though, I don't recall that being able to "see one's future" is ever a pre-requisite for living one's life to the fullest.

As a matter of fact I think it's an advantage in a way...there are no unreasonable expectations that way, shot there are no expectations at all! So just LIVE your life. Easier said then done of course like it always is but it can be done.....trust me, if I can do it one day at a time (live life, that is) then ANYONE can! Happy New Year SG!

DaveO said...

Agree with thormoo:

o Dye your hair flaming scarlet

o Buy a covertible with a V8

o Drive to Florida for a day at the beach listening to mental and punk the whole way

If you can't create a viable framework for the future, then live in the moment (but with principles: some thing you just don't do).

The future will decide itself.

Spockgirl said...

T:
That is what I do... yep... I go with the flow. Never had long range plans or goals. No expectations... which is a big part of my problem.

And... no, not that I can't see "my" future... I just see no future... flat out... The horizon is dark. But... there is something out there.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Nope
Nope
Nope
Yep
Nope... That is one of the tenets I have gone by thusfar. Not gonna happen without some personal inclination or outside motivation. Change or die isn't quite working the way it should.

DaveO said...

Then redefine "die." :)

Spockgirl said...

D:
I did... that's why it isn't working.