Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, January 9, 2012

The rock heart or the leaf...


It is interesting what the eye is drawn to in pictures, when taking them and in viewing them. Even though I might not remember where exactly I was at the river when I happened to look down and see a heart-shaped rock surrounded by ice, I do know that I was immediately struck by having found such a thing in such a wide expanse of... rocks. I know it was and is the focal point of the photograph, but now though, after having looked at it several times, I notice the leaf to the left. I wonder about how it came to be there, most of it out of the water, but enough in it to have been partially frozen in place. It was blown there by the wind, but lingered a little too long and became damp enough to remain and not be picked up with the next gust. It remained there just long enough to be frozen in time.

My mind wanders, and I wonder... am I the leaf or the rock?

No comments: