Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Please, please, please...

let me, let me, let me... let me.... get what I want... this time...  (the Smiths from way back in... 1984)  How did I end up here? That is a loaded question, or at least a double-sided one. To the big question, I just don't know. To the other one, it was another musical memory tour prompted by a comment on the blog the other day

It was Bedbugs and Ballyhoo from 1987 that I was thinking of, but couldn't remember. Definitely the Doors influence in there. I didn't know, or perhaps I had just forgotten, that Ray Manzarek, the keyboardist for the Doors actually worked with Echo and the Bunnymen at some point.


In my quest to find it, I found another one by them as well, that I had completely forgotten about... almost... Bring on the Dancing Horses. (Warning: Don't go to that link.)

And then... during that search, I came across the song to which the beginning of this post refers, which, oddly enough, seems to capture this time of my life quite well. Except for that most critical little niggly tidbit... that I don't quite know what I want. I'd pretty much settle for nothing else going wrong.


OH... and as much as I love these guys, there was something I noticed by them on the sidebar... Why, oh why did they do this when they are responsible for perhaps the finest cover of one of the best 80s songs, that may very well exceed the original.



No comments: