Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm hungry...


I've mentioned Comfort Food before, but lately I have just been thinking about food from which one, or at least I, can have a rapturous experience with.  Actually, lately I have found that I can have a rapturous experience eating salted soda crackers with a slice of swiss cheese, but ... whatever. Anyways, some of these I no longer have because of the havoc that can be wreaked upon my aging body, but every once in a while I sneak something in.

Croissant, buttered with raspberry jelly

Buttered Toast (white) dipped in real Hot Cocoa

Buttered Toast sprinkled with Cinnamon Sugar

Eggo Waffles with butter, peanut butter and maple syrup

Crepes with mom’s canned peaches and whipped cream

Bacon

French bread, buttered

Orange Juice and cashews

Smoking hot Chili with a buttered crusty roll

Real Sugar full, Caffeine full Coke

Kentucky Fried Chicken

Swanson’s Turkey TV Dinner

Real Hamburger with lettuce, tomato, miracle whip, ketchup and raw onions

Juicy Steak with Baked Potato loaded with butter, sour cream, chives and bacon bits

I'm sure that more will come to me as I try to sleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't dropped by here for a long time but you're sending me to bed feeling hungry once again!
I hope you have a great week.

Spockgirl said...

Paul:
I hadn't done a food post in quite some time, but had been thinking about this one for a while. Just your luck to stop by the day that I had food on my mind. Any consolation, I wrote it hungry, around 2AM.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Harvey said...

"Real Sugar full, Caffeine full Coke"

I'd add "in the original thick, green glass bottle, served at 34 degrees Fahrenheit"

Spockgirl said...

Harvey:
Sounds good.

I remember 7Up in dark green glass bottles, but I seem to recall Coke in clear glass. I have a couple older ones.