Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, November 17, 2011

It didn't last very long...


I went outside to bring the garbage can in from the curbside and saw it. Floating down from the heavens, a big white fluffy Charlie Brown snowflake. My eyes went as big as a Japanese Anime character and I smiled. It lasted for a few hours, but soon the fluffy turned wet, the snow to rain.

***

I took a bite into the light fluffy chocolate cake goodness with cream filling and closed my eyes. In that moment, all the world fell away.


***

Later in the evening, I was getting the carton of milk from the fridge and saw a flash of light. I thought it odd for there to be a reflection like that, but in the next moment there was a rumble of thunder. I'll have to check outside tomorrow, as that lightning flash seemed as though it had come right through the window. Odd though that there was only the one thunder roll and then it was gone.

***

Earlier, I had a great thought... a brilliant idea... something to write about... Mental incontinuity.

***

If you didn't get it, read the title to the post again.


4 comments:

Jeanie said...

We had a huge blast of thunder too ~ actually shook the house. It last for a few minutes and that was that!

DaveO said...

I had a fleeting thought...

Spockgirl said...

Jeanie!
Definitely a mixed bag of Mother Nature yesterday. I guess it was her warning for winter.

Spockgirl said...

D:
Who'd have thought...