Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Honest, open, candid...


I have a deep appreciation for people who write in an honest, open, candid manner, especially when they write in the moment, or about their actions or reactions to an event, circumstance or unfolding ordeal. Truthfully, it doesn't even have to be an ordeal... it can just be life in general. It is the mere fact that they are writing and sharing of themselves, which is something that I never felt comfortable doing, because I grew up with the understanding that one's personal life and the feelings derived therefrom, if any, are supposed to be just that... personal.

It is no small wonder that this avenue presented itself to me at a time when I was struggling to come to terms with my purpose in life. Since I was feeling a slight detachment from the world around me, this was the perfect fit... to not air nor share any intrinsic part of me, but to perhaps test the strength of  my self-imposed limitations. Little did I realize that this "detachment" would somehow allow me to share my thoughts and ideas with one person, which would ultimately take me even farther outside my strictly logic based boundaries to the point where I began to question my reasoning, as well as my sanity. Not only had I pushed the envelope, I had shredded it to pieces.

If  you live with everything locked up inside of you, you will die with everything locked up inside of you.

No comments: