Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace...


Okay now... After THAT post, I stumbled upon a violinist playing the same Nirvana song with an orchestra. Just doesn't quite work for me. Then, I noticed something else... a piece of classical music I remember from many years ago. It had a dark, mischievous feel to it, which seems to be completely lost in this translation.


Oh yes... and he does many other songs, including stuff by Metallica, but I just couldn't. Apocalytica was acceptable, but for some reason, not this. And... um... no. I'm pretty laid back about the blending of musics, but that with violin ripping through it just doesn't seem... right. I see that he was a wunderkind, and it is good that he has the talent, ability and means to share his love of music, but ... (Is it just me?)


The title to this post is from the lyrics to this song. Although I heard it ages ago, I don't think I knew the actual words before tonight.

No comments: