Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Darkness is life, life a dream...


Having trouble sleeping for the past few days... although this is really nothing new (understatement). Was tired last night... but once again, soon as the lights were off... boom... wide awake. That was around 3AM. I woke up at about 6:30... then 7:30... then 8:30... (don't think I was really sleeping). Had closed my eyes, but no... nothing. As the day trudged on... dead tired. Anyways, back when I had turned the lights off... the only thing I could think of was, "The darkness beckons me to wake." There was a little more, but I didn't write it down at the time, as I was trying to go to sleep. I did add a bit more and just finished it, but now it comes across sounding like a nursery rhyme, albeit a rather blackened one.

The Darkness beckons me to wake,

this weary soul of life partake
Clarity of thought returns
when heavy eyes the light forsakes.
Arise, arise, the black void cries.
Arise, arise, drink deep the night.
For what you seek you shall not find
in this labyrinth of your mind.
The Darkness beckons me to wake
I pray the lord my soul to take.

Yeah, I know... I know... It is a little dark... But hey... I was half dead today.

No comments: