Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, July 20, 2012

Same old, same old...

Comment today... Something to the effect of: You haven't had any comments lately. Your blog is kind of depressing. Uh... yeah... I'm struggling to find a reason for my existence in this world, so how do you think that translates to the blog? I just think it is amazing for me to still be here... that I even find something... anything... at all to post about. Substance has long since flown out the window.

But you know, sometimes all it takes is that one little thing.

Or... that little spark in conversation... Like the things I say without thinking...

me: Hope to see your reflections on an asshole post.
**: That sounds kinda painful... :)

I didn't realize when I typed it... Took me a moment... Then I couldn't stop laughing.


***

Oh... also ... my new word .. "snunch". Did you eat dinner yet? No, but I had a big lunch. Ah... me: "I had a late snunch." It's probably been used before, but it's new to me.


2 comments:

DaveO said...

"Snunch" is cool.

It sounds kinda sandwichey, but with chips instead of lettuce, with iced tea and pickle.

So, is your blog black? Would that be the absence of light? Or the infusion of all colours?

Currently researching why some folks lose the ability to feel physical pain during and immediately after a PTSD episode. Can't find any studies or literature on the phenom.

The ability to feel pain returns over time, in between episodes, so it's not necessarily bio-chemical/electrical. So the translation center in the brain - that which translates the chemical/eletric pulses into what we recognise as pain.

Any thoughts/knowledge/musings on the matter?

Spockgirl said...

Hmm... you have an ... interesting... mind... Snunch to black to pain.

Breakfast and Lunch = Brunch, therefore Snack and Lunch = Snunch. I had Snunch at McDonalds... Crispy Chicken Chipotle Snack Wrap and a Vanilla Iced Coffee.

Black or white... The absence of light or the full spectrum of colour... I always get that mixed up. I do not know which my blog would be. I lean towards black splatters.

As to the inability to feel pain during and immediately after a PTSD episode, in simple terms (the only kind I know) I would hazard a guess that part of the brain shuts down, so it would be neurological in nature. If there is such a thing as temporary amnesia, then I am sure there must be something akin to temporary cognitive displacement, or something like that. Doesn't sound effective enough. If I could go into a quasi catatonic state (very briefly), whilst not suffering from PTS or PTSD or other disruptive disorder, it wouldn't be a far stretch to see someone in a full blown PTSD episode to enter an altered state of consciousness/awareness. I know... that sounds lame, but it was the only way I could think of explaining my thoughts.