Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sleepy Sunday


So... around 6pm, I was on the bed with the laptop open and I closed my eyes for a moment. When I opened my eyes, more than half an hour had passed. The weird thing is that in all that time I had my eyes closed, I could hear the desk fan going and the sound from outside of any cars that went by on the rain filled street. Oddly enough, I feel somehow rested. Was I really that tired to just crash like that? Or does the laptop being on the pillow next to me provide some sort of strange comfort zone? Hmm... I know this has happened once before, but it was sometime in the early AM, so I just chalked it up to being in need of sleep. Come to think of it, when I do finally go to bed with the intent of sleeping, I always close the laptop and place it on the desk next to the bed. Sleep very rarely comes quickly. So, hmm... I know people fall asleep watching tv, something I never did nor do, but the laptop as a sleeping aid?

No comments: