Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, September 2, 2012

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Pfffft.
 
Well... I don't know what to say. I just broke a whole bunch of stuff. No swearing, just a hunh. Thinking to myself... what a joke. It seemed to have happened in slow motion again. I heard the first metal clunk, saw it out of the corner of my eye and then clunk, crash, smash. The words "oh no" flashed in my head, but that was it. I was carrying a bowl full of peaches and a jug of apple cider at the time, so I could only watch and listen to the destruction.

I went to the kitchen table, set down the stuff I was carrying and went back to assess the damage. Two chipped sugar bowl lids, two chipped mugs, three completely smashed tea coasters. It could have been worse, much worse. I had accidentally nudged a metal plaque which then tipped over and set off a chain reaction ending in a metal candleholder falling on top of a set of ceramic dishes.

Call it what you will. Insult to injury. Salt in the wound. Whatever it be. What a waste. A waste of money, a waste of time, a waste of space... for nothing. One step forward, three steps back.

Oh... but I have fresh peaches and apple cider to soften the blow. Add Eggo Waffles and some bacon (or a burger) and I'll be good to go.
 
 

No comments: