Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A rather long journey...


Yes, it has been over 25 years since I took them. I found them tucked away in one of the boxes I had packed up ten years ago but hadn't brought with me when I moved here. I still have the slides as well. I have no idea what other pictures there were, as I only had twenty or so of the prints sitting in the envelope. I would have to guess that these were the best shots I got. (Not bad for a teenager back then with a borrowed Nikon.)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I knew I had this.
 
 
 
One week was spent in Paris and then we travelled by bus to the south.
 
 
This one was taken standing near the top of the coliseum in Nimes... Actually, I have Nimes written on the back, but for some reason I think it was Arles.
 
 
The next one... no way I could pass up the opportunity...

 Le Pont D'Avignon. (On the back I wrote that this was taken at around 6:30 or 7AM.)
 
 
... and this final one was in Monaco.
 
 
You may notice that some of the pictures look clipped, or have their corners curved. These are from 1985, a time when they were still processing photos this way, so when I scanned them in, it shows on some, but I left them as is.
 
***
 
The other day I was wondering why I am doing this. Why have I been scanning my old pictures. Why bother? Who am I sharing them with?  

No comments: