Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, September 17, 2012

Nostalgic journey


Walked over to aged father's house this afternoon to pack up the rest of my crap which has been sitting there for over ten years now. I knew it was mostly clothes, but had no idea how much other stuff there was. I had sent over six big boxes earlier and took with me seven large recycling bags in preparation for this adventure. Three hours later, I was not quite finished, but had seven bags of clothes and four boxes filled. Once I got home and unloaded the stuff, I started in on the sorting aspect, and began multi-tasking... Needless to say, I am not quite done, and ended up also looking through and scanning in some old photos. I was starting to get a headache around 2AM and my brain and eyes were tired, but didn't stop... perhaps I should have. Oh... I also started writing a rather lengthy blogpost, but was not able to complete it... so... I figured I'd write a quickie prelude post. Dumb idea... Now I'm fried.

Anyways, I think the high point of all this was revisiting the past through all the old pictures. Whilst I was sitting on the floor looking at a boxful of old family photos and some landsapes that I had taken way, way back, I was also sifting through songs on a few CDs that I had brought back as well... The song that started playing was this:
 
 
 
I wasn't really familiar with the song, but it just seemed to have an odd kinship to the pictures I was sorting through. Not sure why.

No comments: