Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sorry


The beauty of solitude that I so eagerly embraced settles into silent sorrow as the wind draws its dying breath and the last ray of sun and warmth fades beyond the horizon.

Rather sad thing I realized tonight. I wrote "Was my life a mistake?" the day before my mom's birthday. (She would have been ... 76 today.) Sorry mom. I wish I could say that my life didn't work out the way I planned, but I can't. I would have had to make a plan in order to be able to say that.

The failure is mine.

2 comments:

thormoo said...

Does not "having a plan" really constitute failure? I'm not so sure...Life, I believe...is to be lived, however you choose to live it. Plan, no plan, go with the flow, whatever...

I know I felt for a long time that life had no purpose, no meaning. Nothing made sense...Turns out it was just revealed to me much later then I had ever expected and things I gave no value to originally, turned out to be much more meaningful then I ever could have imagined. It is almost as if I was looking in the wrong places of my life for meaning. Hey...How was I to know?!

Spockgirl said...

T:
Yes, that is the point. Life is to be lived. I was given life... My failure is that I did not live it.