Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, September 2, 2011

Cookie, cookie, cookie...


YouTubeLink.


Dammit... I made a mistake...  I had walked up to the grocery store yesterday evening, which is a brisk 18 minute walk. There were a few things on sale that I wanted to stock up on, so I arranged for a ride home. I was carrying my bag, my jacket and the grocery basket as I made my way around the store, and by the end, I was running out of arms. I had wanted to pick up an ice cream, as the little bucket of Breyer's was on for $2.99, so when I was ready, I quickly went to the freezer aisle and grabbed a Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...   or so I thought...  I got home and was unpacking the groceries when I realized that I had picked up Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough instead of just Chocolate Chip. Dammit...  Anyways... not quite my thing, but... of course... I'll eat it regardless. (Note: Sprinkle on some instant coffee crystals and it is not too bad... )

Funny thing is, I have been thinking about Chocolate Chip Cookies for a couple weeks or so...  The big thin, slightly crisp, slightly chewy kind that I remember one of the aunt's used to make. I was so very tempted to bake.


This morning in an email I received this. I couldn't stop smiling.

YouTubeLink. (Views 114,074)

Oddly enough, I have found myself on Sesame Street before. And just the other day, I had been thinking about the Tickle Me Elmo that my niece had when she was a baby. Somehow I have a vague recollection of being able to imitate that (perhaps annoying?) laugh. Hmm... seems like a long time ago.

No comments: