Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, December 31, 2012

Pennies from Heaven...


When I said "a penny for your thoughts"... the term "Pennies from Heaven", never even crossed my mind, and even though I had heard it before, I had never given it much thought. Then... the other day... I came across this in my Facebook travels.

Pennies from Heaven
by Charles L. Mashburn

I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground
But it’s not just a penny
This little coin I’ve found .
Found pennies come from heaven
That’s what my Grandpa told me
He said, “Angels toss them down”
Oh, how I loved that story .
He said when an angel misses you
They toss a penny down
Sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of a frown .
So don’t pass by that penny
When you’re feeling blue
It may be a Penny from Heaven
That an Angel’s tossed to you.

(Copyright © 1998 C Mashburn)

The timing was rather uncanny.


No comments: