Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, May 8, 2017

From a favourite 10 cent comic book...

to this...



There seems to be an entire generation of females lamenting the fact that there were and are no positive role models for girls. Sorry, but I got mine from 10 cent comic books and books I read. In looking back, Wonder Woman and Mlle Marie were the two that stand out from my childhood. It is rather funny that in the past I did not think that I actually had any role models. I did not even realize until now, in my 50th year, that these comic book characters were pretty much it. As a teenager, of the sci-fi/fantasy books I read, it is the ones with female characters as the protagonist that made the most impact. The other funny thing? I didn't want to look like them or emulate them. It was the content of their character.

No comments: