Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Friday, January 29, 2016

Never noticed it before...

 
Something caught my ear the other day whilst watching a movie. I'd seen it several times over the years, having it on both VHS from somewhen, as well as on DVD. A lot of military portrayed in the movie, but, it being science-fiction, I hadn't really paid much attention. From just watching it the first time, way back, I knew that Steve is a pilot and had applied to NASA, but was turned down. This time, I caught in dialogue, that he introduces himself as ... US Marine Corps. Later on, I see the wings on his chest. He also introduces himself a second time as US Marine Corps. I just found it odd.

(I think it makes a big difference watching a movie on a laptop that is right in front of your face, as opposed to on a tv screen, or in a movie theatre. Sure, you might catch things, but then you also miss out on the all around movie experience.)

No comments: