Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, April 8, 2013

But not for me...


I can see the light but it is blindness
I can feel the warmth
I can taste its sweetness
I can hear the song
but it is not for me

I can see the darkness and it is home
I feel the cold
I taste the bitter tongue
I hear the dirge
but it is not for me

I can see the ember as it fades
I can feel it brighten as I breathe
I can almost taste the joy it needs
I can hear the whisper from which it feeds
but it is not for me

(Hot off the fingertips of my brain. Something a little different. It has been a while as I haven't been able to share much of anything.)

2 comments:

DaveO said...

Very nice!

So is the Speaker
someone who perceives
this gothic twilight,
knowing s/he is going
home to rebirth in
electric brilliance,
life at the finger's
flip of a worn switch?

Spockgirl said...

No, just Life...