Greetings from Spockgirl Musings, where logic rules, but the frailties of
human nature, genetic inadequacies and hormonal imbalances wreak havoc.



Monday, August 23, 2010

Logic, the Apple Cart and Harleys


Logic has told me since I was a child, don’t upset the apple cart. After 9x years of school and subsequent 9x +y years of work at the same job, as well as x years on a business of my own, I have come to the conclusion that perhaps I should have screwed logic. It wasn’t my apple cart, they weren’t my apples.... but I made a darn fine pie for someone..... Perhaps I should have shaken the cart, kicked it.... knocked it over? But logic tells me even now that I would have bruised the apples or damaged the cart, and I still wouldn't want to be a party to that. Oh well... it doesn't matter now.... Even if I could summon the strength to knock the cart over, I wouldn’t be able to afford paying for the damaged apples or the cart anyhow. Sad, but true.

So.... pushing the apple cart to the side, I see a row of Harleys lined up along a sidewalk, and the evil little voice on my right shoulder whispers “go ahead, do it.... just try to push them over.” Logic on the left screams “Noooooo....” Well.... I doubt now that I would have the gumption to even consider it, let alone do it, nor the strength to push them over, and.... even if I could, I wouldn’t be able to run away fast enough.

So you see....logic always wins.

No comments: